Location: Walsall (with some Nationwide work) - field based
Hours: 5 days, around the hours of 8:30am - 5:30pm
Salary: £13,500 to £16,000 dependent on amount of relevant experience
The Company: Our company in its 13th year of business is a CEDIA accredited high-end home technology company based in Walsall covering the entire UK but working most in the local area.
We are a multi ward winning company continually striving to work towards the highest standards within this fast paced industry.
The position is a long term opportunity to be part of a growing company with training prospects. We are a hard working company, but also enjoy what we do and have a good time doing it. We are committed to employee development and will ensure that the candidate is supported for any additional training or accreditation required for the role.
Job Specification: The role involves working as part of a team, carrying out the installation of high-end audio visual and home automation systems. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and dynamic professional, with a transferable skill set that relates to installation of audio visual and home automation technologies. They will be intelligent, honest, hardworking, practical, well-mannered and agile.
- Good practical skills and an understanding of construction techniques in a residential or commercial environment; to include working with power tools and SDS.
- Be an efficient and hardworking individual, able to stay calm under pressure and understand that work must be completed to a deadline
- Is generally fit and agile and capable of lifting heavy items such as TV’s, crawling through lofts and under floor spaces; confident on ladders.
- Is a team player and willing to put themselves out, and get stuck in with anything that comes their way. To be able to work under one’s own initiative imperative.
- Can follow instructions to the T
- Candidate will require a full UK driving licence; own transport desirable if not, very local
All candidates will have some installation experience encompassing some of the duties listed below.
- Experience in some or all of the following areas: first fix of structured cabling systems, multi-room audio visual systems, high end home cinema, Lighting control systems, Control4, universal remotes, mechanical automation, satellite systems, IT, telephony, TCP/IP and networking
- Audio visual and/or Networking knowledge including connection of audio and video equipment and terminating CAT5 sockets/panels and equipment
- Practical skills to be able to check the integrity of AV and Control signal cables, such as co-axial, Cat5 and Cat6, IR, RS232 etc
- Commissioning experience of Data Networking equipment, including routers, switches and access points.
- Experienced in CCTV, gate and door access systems
- TV, Aerial & Satellite installations and distribution
- Ability to build and connect AV racks in a neat, efficient and professional manner
- Excellent fault finding skills to resolve technical bugs and servicing issues
- On top of the above carpentry, building and construction knowledge will be highly favoured
- It will go in the candidates favour if you are able to provide examples of work or projects you have worked on previously and be able to describe what role you had within the project.
- Note well: Please remember that from here-on-in everything is a test!
If you think you’re the one for the job, please send your CV and covering letter to us via our email email@example.com with just ‘TRAINEE AV ENGINEER’ in ‘subject’ title space.